Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Well Not Exactly

Hilarious that I've titled this blog "We Have Set The Date" because "We Have Not Set the Date" but I am (quite obviously) the type of person who puts the cart before the horse occasionally (frequently??). However, it is true that "We Have Narrowed Down the Date" and are very close to setting it.

Most importantly, he asked, and I accepted his proposal (more on that tomorrow).
He asked after the tried and true tactics of threats and coercion, which came (years!) after hints and suggestions, intermixed with subtle jabs of guilt, while alternating amazing sex with withholding. Just your typical relationship.

Jason and I have been together for almost four years and we have lived together for almost four years (yea, I know). We already run a household together, are raising a child (and a dog) together, and have purchased furniture together (cart before horse thing again). It's time to seal the deal. And let's face it, in this economy, there's really only one reason to be married: health insurance! And there's really only one way to do it: Big, splashy, and overbudget!
So here we are. I decided to blog the entire experience of planning a wedding and a life together. Stay with me til next July. I promise this will not be a typical wedding blog, but one filled with humor and likely a little pain and humiliation (see: hitting the gym!) . After all, it's not fun if you're only laughing with me, instead of also at me!


Wish me luck.




No comments:

Post a Comment