Saturday, October 24, 2009

Planning Meeting

So the first planning meeting for My Big Fat Fabulous No-Date Wedding went nowhere. And by nowhere I mean, absolutely nowhere. I know no more today than I knew at this time 48 hours ago! Such BS. I “hire” people to keep me on task, to push me farther, to organize and come up with solutions to my many conundrums (“hire” is in quotes, as I have not actually “employed with intent to pay” per se, so much as begged friends for participation).

Instead they show up with wine, and crabs, and the next thing I know we are three hours (and three bottles) into a discussion on inter-racial relationships and Wanda Sykes’ half funny HBO special, and then it’s Saturday morning, and I wake up only to realize I STILL DON’T HAVE A COLOR SCHEME, A RECEPTION VENUE, or even a concrete number of how many hostesses are going to be necessary for this shindig!

And then there’s Jason. What good is he again? We just webcammed, and although I was happy to see his face because I miss him, he flat out refused to go over possible on-line registries with me! Day 5, and I’m spinning out of control. So glad there’s leftover wine from last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment