Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Gym is The Devil

I have a pulled muscle in my back. I can barely move. Yesterday, I successfully transitioned from the elliptical to the treadmill and the bike. I've yet to graduate to pilates, and at this rate, I never will. I did gain some valuable information, which I will share. I need to rotate my workouts so that my body doesn't become conditioned to one type of exercise. Therefore, I can continue to throw the elliptical in the mix every now and then. Not that I'm looking forward to that. So, how I pulled my muscle is that I've been doing that exercise...."weight lifting" or whatever you want to call it...the one in order to get rid of that flab under your arms. "The Oprah Arms" I call it. So I've been doing this particular exercise and then I heard Jason's evil voice in my head telling me that the weights I use aren't heavy enough to have an impact on my arm-flab. (As I mentioned these were the kinds of "encouraging" things he used to say to me when we worked out together in the off-season). So, today I decide to kick it up a notch, and used some ridiculously heavy (10lb) weights to do this exercise and here I am. I crawled out of the gym and into my car and painstakingly drove home. I'm about to "borrow" some muscle relaxers from my mom/pharmacist.

I really want to be one of those people who are happy about working out. Who love it, who enjoy it. But I'm not, and I never will be. I do not like the gym. I do not like Brick Bodies, with their happy little workers, helpful little trainers, and million and one locations within a 5 mile radius of my house, all mocking me on the days I drive by without making eye contact with the building. I do not like the Brick family (they love Jason), with their lively little commercials and mumble jumble about fit and healthy lifestyles. I no longer even like bricks. However, I will return there faithfully (after I recover), because I'm on a mission!!!!

www.brickbodies.com for those of you who want to torture yourselves or want to join me in torturing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment